Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Basic Training

My sister is going on vacation. My sister owns 3 ferrets. When my sister goes on vacation someone must take care of her ferrets. That someone is me!



Ever since I was carefully selected for this position, I have been being subtly schooled on the ways of ferret caretaking. Jessy takes VERY VERY VERY good care of her animals and knows that nobody can/will do what she does for them, but I am being prepared to be the best substitute for her that I can be. As part of my training, I went over to her place for some hands-on learning and to receive the specially written ferret manual. This manual includes 1 full page about ferret poop. I kid you not. I learned about "flat ferrets" and bloody urine, both of which are very bad things.

I also learned that one of her ferrets enjoys a good drink from the shower from time to time:



Ferrets are a lot of work. They are, as Jessy puts it, "like 2 year olds on speed." But, I think her training has well prepared me for the 10 days of poop, play and mischief.

4 comments:

  1. Ferrets are very cute, but the nastiness of their poop is the main reason I will never have them as pets. I enjoy looking at pictures of them though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be sure to post some photos of the ferret antics for you! And, hopefully I will be able to refrain from sharing too many of the nasty poop stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Nice Marmot!"

    You are a very kind sister!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...