Monday, September 7, 2009

Project 365: Day 156

September 6, 2009
Crafting Day!




I had to threaten to beat her up to get it to happen, but I finally got to spend a day crafting with Jamie. We had a great time together, as we always do. I knitted, Jamie worked on felted sweater mittens, we made lunch, we planned our trip to NYC and we did a ton of catching up. I am so happy that, despite being a new mom who works full-time, Jamie is still able to find time for some one on one with me. I know it isn't easy balancing all of her roles, so when we get to spend almost an entire day together, I am really grateful.



After Jamie and I finished crafting, Paul and I got dressed up and went out to Al Vento, a local Italian restaurant. We have been saving a gift card his work gave to him as a thank you for all of his overtime and hard work on a particularly long project and to me as a thank you for putting up with his long hours. We decided to use it last night as a celebration dinner to mark having been back in Minneapolis for a year and to reflect on what we have been able to accomplish in the last year. Despite having to do so much work on our last apartment and having been job searching/temping for the first 6 months we were back here, it is quite amazing that we are now happily employed, homeowners. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...