Monday, September 7, 2009

Project 365: Day 157

Day at Mom's



On the last day of our 3 day weekend, Paul, Jessy and I went to my mom's house for a day of fun, family time. We had a delicious lunch on the deck. It was a FEAST! We all helped to make a Baked Penne with Corn, Zucchini and Basil. We also ate a caprese salad, fresh baked rolls, fruit, chocolate cherry cake and coconut macaroons! Before Jessy had arrived, Paul and my mom had a chance to "talk shop" about her new computer while I petted Ginger and did a little knitting.

After all of that, I was really having a hankering for a nap, but instead we walked around my mom's yard and talked about her plants. I have a lot of learning and planning to do in order to get our yard into better shape. Our front yard is basically a blank slate. It is exciting and overwhelming. I have never considered these types of things before, so I have a lot of catching up to do before I feel ready define any type of "vision" for the space.

After getting back from my mom's house, there was still enough time in the day to spend a few hours in my craft room sorting through some old projects, finishing up some quickie things from the to-do pile and planning options for what I will knit next. I have been working on so many big projects lately that it has been a very long time since I have had a clean slate to start new projects. I guess I better get some selfish knitting done quickly, because I imagine holiday crafting is going to start creeping up on me really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...