Thursday, September 17, 2009

Project 365: Day 167

Heirlooms



Tonight, under my dad's tutelage, I overcame my fear of pressure canning! I have done canning in hot water baths, but have never used a pressure cooker. The one my family used when I was growing up was the kind that didn't have the gauge on it (or at least that is how I remember it). On those you use the little weight thingies to measure the pressure levels, so I always thought it was a complicated and dangerous process. Turns out that the new pressure cookers have a gauge that tells you the pressure so it is pretty straight forward as long as you watch the pressure closely. We canned some of the heirloom tomatoes my dad grew this year.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing with the amount of productive crafting/fooding you do on a regular basis. I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...